Issue with importing file from Inkscape

I’m new to Easel Pro, still waiting for my Xcarve. I have created a very basic carve and each time I try to import it from Inkscape into Easel. When I do I keep getting this error message
I try to go to Inkscape and select everything and then I do CTRL+Shift+C but nothing happens. I have also tried to covert image all to path. Nothing is working. Anybody that can I would appreciate it.

(EDIT: After re-reading your post you were creating discrete vectors all and good, but the embedded text is still part of the file. This copy/paste into a new instance of inkscape is the method that I’ve always used, however I know there are other methods to not included embeds in the file, i just find this copy/paste method simple enough to perform…& it’s worked for me every time going on 3 years now… :man_shrugging: so you can just jump ahead to that part in this video if you like :+1:)

The Text needs to be converted (you were doing this already) and then pasted into a new instance of inkscape Like this:

1 Like

Thnks Seth that worked perfect. I never realized it but the wreath was the one not a vector. Thnx for your help.

1 Like

Im getting a similar error message when trying to upload an already existing “AI” file into inkscape. Copy, paste into a new instance and save as SVG basic. Literally my first night using inkscape so by all means, you can consider me a rookie with design software. My goal is to upload into easel with a bit more accuracy than converting to a jpeg and utilizing image trace.

what am i doing wrong here, do i need to further convert ai files into svg before opening them into inkscape?

You may also need to perform the object to path step … you can double click the designs to verify that they are noded vectors and not just an image embedded into the svg file…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.