Italic Fonts

Is there anyway to put Italic Fonts into easel? I’m making some name plaques for grandkids but I wanted to use italics.

Use your favorite vector imaging program, create your word(s), save, then import into Easel. There’s a few more steps than that, but you get the idea.

Easel only support the fonts available from the pulldown meny.

If you want to use other fonts, or types like italics etc its best done outside of Easel (Paint, Photoshop, Inkscape, etc) write/edit there and save as SVG if possible. The import SVG to Easel and carve :slight_smile:

If you can not save as SVG save as JPG/PNG/GIF and import into Easel via the Image app.

Well I found the fonts I want to use but now the machine isn’t cutting the selected depth. I chose 1/8 in and its carving almost 3/4 in deep. Its wasting my material. How do I make it carve the depth I need?

I change the depth of cut and the depth per pass and neither one does any good. This is getting frustrating. Why want it carve the depth I set? I zeroed the cutter to the wood.

I am using 3/4 in cedar, I have the depth of cut set to 1/8 in and this thing is cutting almost all the way through the 3/4 in.

Can you post your file here so we can take a look at it.

1 Like

@RickyJackson

• Open Easel Jog pane, and measure the actual travel of your Z when you command a 1" up or down motion. What do you measure?

• Do you have the probe function active?

Have you calibrated your axis? Search the forum, procedures exist.