It's Alive

One thing I really like about this stuff, for the signs/v-carving I am doing. Cleaning up the pieces is very easy. I usually throw them into the sink and use a toothbrush and warm soapy water to remove any dust or chips…let them dry…paint and seal.

1 Like

What are you using to seal them?

I am using a quick shot of spray matte polyurethane.

Some of the ones I made last year I did not put any sealant on and they still look great. So The sealant may be overkill :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ErikJenkins Thank you for the links and inspiration. The gingerbread house bases came out GREAT and it took about an hour to do 20 of them (used a jig). I used soap, water and a kitchen scrub pad to clean off the paint. Now I get to hot glue 20 gingerbread houses together… yay?

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Glad it worked out well.

HUAH! Or however you Army guys say it!

1 Like

That is it!!

You’ve posted some pretty impressive stuff on here Top. I may be bugging you from time to time for advice if ya don’t mind.

2 Likes

Anytime. I will help as much as I can.

1 Like

Last batch done and ready to mail.

2 Likes

OMG you have one of those home depot scaffold too. :smiley:

1 Like

In case anyone is interested in this free project from Design and Make:

https://designandmake.com/home-for-the-holidays-no4

I have bought a few things from them and they are excellent projects.

4 Likes

I downloaded all versions lol just in case!!

thanks!!

and yeah I really want to make the dragster out of 3/4" plywood I think one that big would be awesome item for the shop as a display

probably would cost me a couple 100 bucks in material to build though

There are several free projects if you scan the page.

1 Like

why do they come in .exe file? what is it installing?

The exe installs V-Carve/Aspire 3d clipart. If I remember correctly.

oh that makes sense

Yes they are the only ones.

1 Like

The last of the signs (for this year anyway) are done and will be out the door this weekend. I ended up selling 132 of the signs.

11 Likes

The snowman took longer, but not too bad…worst part was…paint 1 color, let it dry…next color…etc…felt like it took forever :slight_smile:

1 Like