Here is more

1 Like

:angry:

And more;

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And, noo, comming soon…

Thank you Erik.

1 Like

You’ve got some great pieces there Alan, keep 'em coming!

1 Like

I always need to add the tool type to the gcode file name (or I forget). So my gcode files look like

Box 1 fixed - Sheet 1 - v4 - 3 sides cutout - 6mm flat.gcode

I am now on a journey of “gadget discovery.” Thank you for pointing this out!

1 Like

It’s on Vectric’s site. On support page. all kind of handy gadgets.

Gadgets are the one feature I really wish the desktop version supported. The Gadgets look amazing plus I would really like to create some of my own.

I didn’t know they’re not working for Desktop version.
Ya, I saw that, only for V-Carve pro and Aspire. Sucks.

Another Keep Sake Box… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Alan - I cut my first “v-carve gadget dovetail box” and I have a question. Do you sometimes use the t-bone filet and sometimes not? I can see them in some of your projects but not all.

If you don’t use the filet, do you skip that step and use a file or something to square off the corners? The filet looks really cool on your 100_0514.JPG box, but I don’t see them on your 100_0504.jpg box.

Thanks for the inspiration!

First cut was experiment, It was awe full hard time filing, sending insides on Oak Wood. Now I’m using T bone on every joints and also putting 0.02 tolerance. No extra work needed. I’m using .128 bit, T bones are 0.0625. If you’re willing to make those edges sharp angle some how, you don’t have to use T bones. But don’t forget 0.02 tolerance.

.02 tolerance is a good idea. My first experiment was .25" birch plywood so it tapped together pretty well with a rubber mallet. I used a .125" endmill and .065 fillets with a 30 degree angle.

I could see 70 or 80 degrees being easier to hand file without filets - is that what you mean?

i didn’t change default angle. I’m saying if you want to file or use any blade or something, you don’t have to do T bones.

Gotchya. I think I am going to “wrap” my Christmas presents in dovetail boxes this year!

1 Like

I wish I have Band saw I can make those edges round. That looks great, I’ve seen on internet somewhere.

Here is another one with 45 degree corners.