Keyhole help please

I have had my machine for several years now and have made many keyholes. I recently did the belt, stepper and z axis upgrade. Today was the first time since that I have tried a keyhole. I have verified that the depth I set in the keyhole app (.28) is the same in my depth per pass under manual cut settings. Each time I try to cut, it just scans back and forth and cuts a shallow valley. I rewatched Paw Paw’s keyhole video TWICE and even tried what he demonstrated with moving the keyhole to the 0,0 spot to view the machine movement in the simulation of paths. The sim shows a single plunge and travel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Make sure your z axis isnt mounted too high as you might be hitting the lower limit of travel since keyhole bits are kinda short.

1 Like

Thanks Seth. Installation error with Z axis mounted too high. Figured it out this morning. I appreciate your help just the same. The old Z would have squawked when reaching it’s limit. This new one just stops and continues on.

1 Like