Lines in flat surface?

Hi see attached pics. Getting lines in surface not sure what causes this? I was cutting a square pocket at .114 deep and all is super smooth and perfect except the area shown in the pics.

Looks like your spindle is not square to the bed. If you look closely, you should be able to figure out how it’s tilted and make an adjustment in the rails. The photo is highlighting a front-to-back tilt, so see if you have slop to rotate the x rails slightly to square it up.

Rotate x rails? You mean y rails? Wonder why the perfect triangle shape?

Here is a video of it.

Check out about 9 minutes into my “New Wasteboard” video, I cover out of square spindle: X-Carve Maintenance/Troubleshooting Videos - Add Your Own! - #8 by RobertA_Rieke

I also had to shim my spindle because it was out of square about the X axis. Here’s a picture that shows where I shimmed with business card stock. You may need to shim it at the bottom instead of the top:

1 Like

I picked up a tramming tool and it made a world of difference!

2 Likes

Yes except it is producing this pattern at the top of the piece and an inverted version of the pattern at the bottom of the piece.

Sorry, had to drop off to drive home.

No sure why it says 1 year later.

In any case I am going to try a couple of the suggestions in the morning.

Not in the post I thought I was in. This was linked from mine and thought I was back in my post.