Looking for bits w/ longer cutting length

I’m looking for help finding carving bits with longer cutting lengths. Looking for 1/16" or 1/32" bits with longer than 1/2 cutting area. I realize those are smaller so anything longer than 3/4" or so would make it very fragile. I’ve searched thru the forums and found a few prior post where people shared links, but none of those links would work, but one, which didn’t have anything in the size I’m looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Try looking on amazon for your bits, I tried to post links here but it would not work.

I have. It’s just hard to search Amazon for particular sizes (diameter and cutting lengths).

You do have to plow through a number of images, I try to get detailed in my searches,
“1/8” router bit long cutting length 1/4" shank"

Try Amana

What are you trying to cut? There has to be a better way.

Do a search for “long neck CNC bits” in your favorite search engine. That will put you at the door into the rabbit hole.
I figured this out some time ago when I first got my X-carve and the project I was dreaming of carving out ended up with deeper pockets than what my regular bits could reach. These pockets ended up being the bit holders on my tool tray.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.