Looking for manual/information for Shapeoko 2

Greatings!
I purchased a Shapeoko 2 a number of years ago from Inventables. It’s been a great machine, and I used it on countless projects over the last 9 years or so. It stopped working a bit ago, and got shelved. Now I need it again, but I’m having trouble with it. I’ve scoured Youtube and the interwebs for information about it, and I’ve found some things, but it’s still not working. I replaced both the GShield and the Arduino. I’m connecting with UGS Platform, and it will connect, but when I attempt to jog the steppers will thud, but not move. It’s been so long since I first assembled it that I’m sure I probably forgot steps, so I’m looking for what amounts to the original assembly instructions.
Anyone out there have them or know them well enough to convey the information?

Ha! I just knew after all my searching that as soon as I posted I’d find the docs, and that’s exactly what happened.

http://shapeoko.github.io/Docs/index.html

If anyone else might happen to need them.
If anyone has any troubleshooting advice to help me get this thing running again I’d still love to hear it!

2 Likes

I upgraded my S-2 to X carve specs. I’d suggest you get an X controller and upgrade to nema 23 motors. The connections on the X controller are way easier than what we did with the S-2. I also added a cnc4newbies Z axis, and extra extrusion, stiffeners, and risers.

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ve got two larger machines already, so I’m not really looking to invest a lot. I would just like to get it cutting again. I definitely didn’t have any complaints when it was running before. I would definitely consider changing the control system if I can’t get this one working, but I’ve already invested the $50 bucks in a G-Shield so I want to give it the ole college try before switching to something else.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.