Looking for St. Ambrose design

I was asked to create a St. Ambrose wood piece that will hang from a tree. The customer also wants a beehive incorporated into the design. I am having trouble finding anything usable at this point. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I would love something free, but I realize I will probably need to pay for a design. I can always add the beehive if you can only find St. Ambrose. This will be v-carved using Easel Pro, so it doesn’t need to be a 3-D model. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

I’d borrow this and replace the soccer ball with the beehive.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. It needs to have the actual person St. Ambrose. This is not a college logo that he wants. Thanks for the help, though.

This is small, but maybe a place to start? https://i.pinimg.com/736x/34/46/ec/3446ec0684acb4983e73804d9e1d1c73.jpg

That looks awesome, Phil! Too bad it’s not quite what I need because that would have come in handy.

1 Like

I like that. I might use that to start with and see how the customer feels about it. Thanks!

I saw that but wasn’t impressed with the quality, as you mentioned. The customer just informed me that it is actually St. Abigail that they want. Not sure how the two get confused, but whatever.

How big is the finished product going to be? How detailed are you looking for? Do you still want the beehive?

It’s going to be around 30"x30". I still need the beehive. I would like a pretty detailed image, but I’m not incredibly choosy at this point.

Which is why I mentioned earlier that I am willing to pay for the design…I simply have not been able to find anything (paid or free) that I feel is good quality. My technical abilities are non-existent when it comes to designing from scratch. I’m asking for help in finding a website that might be able to create something for me or already have something that I can purchase.

At some point, I would like to improve upon those skills. I’m simply under a time crunch at the moment. Work, baby, Christmas shopping, yadda yadda yadda…I just need to find something quick for this particular project, but it is becoming increasingly clear that this will be more difficult than I originally thought. Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

I haven’t taken money from the customer yet. They approached me because they have seen other things that I have done, and I said I would try to design something for them. I would like to do the project, so I am trying to figure out if there are any avenues I have not thought of yet where I might be able to pay for a design. If it can’t be done, I won’t do the project.

1 Like

Can you just use a stylized drawing of a nun? No one has a photo for identification. Think more like a logo than a super detailed image.

Not a bad idea. I can look into that and see what can be done. Thanks!