Lowe's Premium Select Pine Boards.. Imported!

Yesterday, I needed to go to Lowe’s to get two 8’ 1"x10" Premium Select Pine boards for a project I’m working on. I go to the nearby Lowe’s rather than Home Depot because the trim and fine woodworking lumber frankly sucks…

Lowe’s on the other hand has some amazingly clear and virtually knot free premium pine products. Prices are reasonable too…

However all this time I thought I was purchasing domestic pine products…!!! Turns out this was not the case yesterday… This premium pine is imported…!!! From New Zealand…!!!

LOL moment though…

Looking at the bar scan label closely it says “Made” in New Zealand… Let’s see…

Here’s that “A tree falls in the forrest moment…” Do they “make” pine trees in New Zealand, or do they “grow” pine tree’s down there???

Nevertheless… I hope Lowe’s keeps stocking these imported pine boards… Makes the domestic pine look like crap…

Steve…

2 Likes

Yeah. I agree. I have used the same boards from Lowes and they are really nice.

There is a Tongue and Groove board I use a lot of here is Wisconsin. It’s harvested from a U.S. company then travels 12 miles out to International Waters and is milled by a Chinese Milling ship and then brought back into the U.S. and sold by the U.S. company that harvested it. Crazy! lol. But I do like the end product.

1 Like

have you seen the price of a domestic panel lately!!

oh wait have you heard whats going on with china birch lol …ehh nevermind

1 Like

2 Likes

Be happy you’re not on another planet - we don’t even have a stable surface to stand here on Io. Trees? We dream of trees…

I’m with you Bob. I’ll stay in Kona!

1 Like