Machine set-up and running a carve

I am relatively new to X-Carve, and have had success so far. One issue I have with Easel seems to be repetitive actions between carves and inefficiency. I am using a laptop that doe snot remain connected to the X-Carve day-to-day. I have done a “machine setup” every time I turn on the X-Controller or reconnect the computer. Is this necessary? After doing machine setup, the last screen asks me if I want to run a test carve. There is no option to say “no”. I click on the test carve button, then have to reopen my project. This is very inefficient. Is there a way to avoid this?

Hey, totally not necessary to run the “machine setup” every time you connect your laptop. You should be able to just launch Easel and open a project like you would on any other program and carve. If you are forced for whatever reason to run a setup, thats a problem, and is beyond my scope of knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mike

you run the machine setup only once.
This sets Easel up so when you run jobs it knows what your machine is and that you want to use the auto on/off for the router.
You should not have to run it each time.

Hi! Did you find a solution? I’m having the same problem, is very time consuming… Easel doesn’t seem to remember my machine.

Since I got the advice of Michael and Stephen, I have not run machine set-up again, but go straight to “Carve”. I have even connected with a different computer without a problem (so far - planning on running the carve tomorrow, but the homing part worked well). Occasionally I have to unplug the USB from the front of the X-Controller (after it is turned on) and plug it back in to get the computer to recognize that it is connected. Otherwise, there have been no issues

I just set up my sainsmart genmistu cncrouter pro and installed the inventables easel app, everything works except for my spindle? It just revs up & down? I thought it was a bad motor but when i test the spindle GbrlControl “Candle” app it works fine. Any help with this would be appreciated, thank you