Making strap clamps from brass

Very nice thank you.

Eeehhhh, look. Not just the comments here, but I’ve gotten private messages indicating I shouldn’t be posting my projects here because I don’t have an x-carve. If that’s the way people feel I’ll respect it and move on. I’m not looking to make people upset.

The other CNC communities are way too stuffy IMO, and I don’t really think of as my peers. Keep creating, keep making each other better and reach farther. I’ve always liked this community and have always been inspired by you guys. As usual, I’ll always recommend an x-carve as a first machine to everyone that asks me.

I truly wish the overly aggressive, verbally abusive and attacking posts would come to an end. I have been on this forum for a long time, I rarely post anymore due to the tone that has become prevalent here. I come to the forum to see what other CNCers are doing and to help out occasionally. For me, making things is a hobby and something I enjoy. I can honestly say I no longer enjoy coming to the Inventables forum.

I hope @Zach_Kaplan that this type of nonsense can be addressed and remedied. It is truly sad when someone comes here, shares some knowledge and is basically told he is not welcome.

5 Likes

Because I’m a manufacturing engineer and I own big boy toys. And I see you and a couple of your buddies gang up on someone sharing some decent tooling with you.

I’ve retracted most of my comments from this post after some discussion with the OP privately.

Publicly I will state, I am appreciative of the intent of the post.

This is a community where sharing ideas should be embraced and my concern that I had was shared with the OP and was very well stated by Phil.

When you’re around the forum as much as some of us, and see exactly what people do, we just are trying to look out for the general community just asking for some sort of disclosure or cautionary note that, while the Xcarve is capable, it still takes some care and knowledge understanding those capabilities and properly curbing expectations and setting realistic targets for cut settings on an Xcarve.

Believe it or not, those with the snarky comments actually care about maintaining this community and are experiencing a growing frustration with the lack of intervention and “sheparding” of the community.

But that’s just my $0.02 while sitting at the emergency vet for the 3rd time in the last week.

2 Likes

I wondered why you stopped posting. When I first came here, I was amazed by your work and learned a ton. Then you kinda stopped posting after your 4th axis addition. It saddened me. Then Phil started posting like crazy and I was appeased again.

However, you should know that I for one have missed you and hope you will not let asshats stop you from sharing your knowledge. I for one miss it and wish you would start sharing your knowledge again.

The moderators should start taking care of the problems and stop the nonsense. I have always felt welcome here when posting and I dont use an X-carve. But I am careful not to post pictures with my machine in it simply for the fact that I knew what would come down from some of the membership.

Sad how much content we have apparently been missing because people think they are in some special class of membership. Guess that is they way things are in the real world so why shouldnt it be expected here? Aren’t we all better than this?

Sigh… Dude, no one is telling anyone to “not” post. What is being said is that people post responsibly…

You want to show what you’ve done on another cnc machine? Go for it! Many of us want to learn new things…But please, specify what machine you used so others that are new to cnc are not being misled with information that doesn’t apply to their specific system.

You would not expect someone to go on a Porsche forum and talk about towing or off-roading . Its a different experience. Not to say that Porsche owners wouldn’t appreciate it but what if Porsche owners thought it was ok to tow with their cars. I am exaggerating the point but you know what i mean…

There are hundreds of CNC forums … and they all offer information. The only difference with this one, the typical audience are XCarve owners. And those that have put in 1000’s of hours know that the stock machines have limits far less than a 8x4 machine. But a new owner may not know that and will try carving heavy metals just because you showed a pretty picture.

I appreciate that there are watchdogs out here … they are doing it to ensure that the very information you are sharing is challenged to keep the community safe.

Anyway… i am sure this is falling on deaf ears.

Its funny to me that people keep coming to this forum because of the great information… but shit all over the gatekeepers that actually made it to what it is …

1 Like

WOW! Now that is the sad part of what I was saying. I quoted what Eric said and was referring to the fact that he quit posting and the WHY and I get attacked. Perhaps there is more to all of this than I thought. Sorry I said anything but maybe that is the intent. Squash the bugs! :sweat_smile:

I still miss your sharing your knowledge Eric. Please start back posting and ignore the trolls. You are one of the “gatekeepers” that made this forum what it is to me.

BTW I understand if you make something that cant be made on an XCarve it would be prudent to say something about the processes and equipment you used. However, people also do not have to attack the individual which is what Erik seemed to be saying he has observed and what I was definitely referring to in my post.

Sorry if I got under your skin Ron. That was certainly not my intent by any stretch of the imagination. I simply think we can all learn something from each other regardless what machine, software, knowledge or experience we posses or use at some point in this CNC road we are on. And in the end we should treat each other respectfully if we disagree and not attack the individual personally.

Down boy! Down!

It’s okay, we’re all friends. We’re just sharing info on here.

People with big toys can be happy with them. People with small toys can as well.
It’s not the size of the machine, it’s what you create with it that counts.

Not one worry to be had… we move forward…

2 Likes