Making your own powerful Controller on the cheap side

Yep. Hook them up just like that.

Something like that would work well, just watch your current limit on that unit. Depending on how many LEDs you plan to use you might have more current required than that unit can handle.

1 Like

24vdc led strips are $$$… step down converter would work, OR you could get a 24vdc relay to trigger 12vdc from your PC power supply.

1 Like

Here’s a easy led driver.

You just hook up your leds in series and add this. I have just the component they are even cheaper but these are very easy.
Oh and some “end glow fiber”

2 Likes

Uh, well, um, it’s not on the wall yet - I haven’t finished it.

2 Likes

Since this is a personalized item, CNC Demon seems to be a better fit than Demon CNC.

Since everyone else is telling you what to do ----- black horns, oops there goes the broth.

1 Like

Better a taster be. :grin:

Looking good, Phil.

1 Like

Don’t know about the movie, but what about metallic gold paint for the horns?

That reminds me of this sign

1 Like

Demon is still around https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/demon but they replaced The Shockwave
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/72/01/c57201db83a87375e0928123ba624961.jpg

1 Like

Not for us old fainthearted folks. :grinning:

1 Like

The spinning rides make me sick. I’m a roller coaster guy. I was a seasonal ride mechanic at Six Flags. I got to wear the blue jump suits and drive the red pick up truck.

Also my keyring was awesome.

7 Likes

You’re telling your age young feller. :grinning:

1 Like

Around these parts we call the circle rides “spin-n-pukes” and you dont want to hang around anywhere near the base of the ride if it goes up more than about 10 feet, just in case…

1 Like

Did you find lots of loot under the rides at the end of the day? I’ve always wanted to go metal detecting under an old coaster.

There are some older codgers who comb over the ride area of the fairgrounds with metal detectors for a few days after teh end of the county fair, but I dont know if they find much. They mus tfind something because they are there every year.

Yes you can find a lot of change, phones, and hats but it is against the rules to keep anything you need to turn it all in to park security.

You folks are talented. I couldn’t help but learn reading through this post. Beautiful controller box.

2 Likes

They take it home for safe keeping so that no one will steal it.

4 Likes