Making your own powerful Controller on the cheap side

Amazing!!!

1 Like

How about some red LED’s for his eyes? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m sure I glazed over many comments on this thread…I was too excited to see the final product!

2 Likes

Impressive build Mr. @PhilJohnson very impressive. Maybe we need to lower the price of the X-Controller to compete with you. :blush:

3 Likes

No it takes about 20 minutes.

1 Like

The best part, of course, your’s has a life-time warrantee!

Your lifetime! I’m always confused: life of the machine, the company that sold it, or you.

2 Likes

Ours is a county fairgrounds gaurded by the neighbor’s cows. The cows dont care who you are, what you find or what you do with it.

1 Like

Phil, what company do you work for, if you don’t mind me asking? Electric mining shovel caught my eye. I worked for CAT until mid September of last year in underground longwall mining.

1 Like

Can you get me a picture of the switch settings on the x or y TB6600 driver?

Since your 6600s are set for stepping aren’t you double stepping would you set your arduino to 1x just a thought.

HMM but if you micro step the shield and then send that signal to 6600 aren’t you double stepping.I’m sure Larry can figure this out.

What I was going to try to verify is that you have correctly identified which direction of the switch is ON and which direction is OFF.

(BTW- I don’t have mine hooked up to a machine yet so I can’t just run it to verify the settings)

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to use a magnifying glass to see that the arrow beside ON is pointing toward the heat sink.

Check your current too.

1 Like

Have you checked the motor current?

…and hang it on the wall? :grin:

1 Like

That should be a safe value for the motors. So the Y will benefit from 1.5A for TWO motors to 2.5A for EACH motor, no wonder you sense the difference.

Quite a fast build too when you consider all the extra stuff you created.

1 Like

I see looking at schematic that I was way off as the 6600’s are replacing the Arduino Shield

1 Like

Great work Phil!! I’ll have to start laying out mine and add the VFD in the mix as well.

jer

1 Like

I put gt3x6mm belts on my X axis it it looks like it will more than do the job for my two X(B) carriages. I’ve been sliding them back and forth many many times(without them wired up) and it works great. In fact, I dont’ know why inventables don’t switch over to them and get rid of the gt2s. It wouldn’t cost them anything to do so and it will be a much better set up, especially since everbody’s going the Linear Z route any way.