Meshcam to easel/xcarve

I have a 15 day trial on meshcam, (MC)It has an area that says select you machine. I have the 750 xcarve, (XC) which one should I choose? And why when I transfer from MC to XC it only shows the MC project and I don’t have the normal double screen in XC

Easels left pane is for designing a project and assigning depths for toolpaths. When a gcode is imported there is no design to edit, so naturally the left panel is removed because it serves no function. Instead you can only send the gcode and simulate the toolpaths

Select the x carve post processor so you get X carve ( GRBL) Gcode. Assuming your design in meshcam is within the limits of your Xcarve, then the code will reflect that. When I use Meshcam, I always set my work to the geometry of the object I want to carve. I’ve used Meshcam for years and it really is pretty user friendly.

Two updates:

1. There is no postprocessor needed now, see below.

2. the MeshCAM link is broken when selecting that possibility to import that kind of GCode. Here is the link CS sent me:
    https://inventables.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012848173-Using-MeshCAM-with-Easel

Let me copy here the essence of that page:

1. Using the correct post processor

Easel can import and send g-code created by MeshCAM. You do not need to download any special post processor, the post processor called Basic_Gcode-Inch will work fine.

2. Export toolpaths one at a time

You must export paths for each tool separately. For example, if you are using a roughing bit and a ball-end finishing bit, you must export them separately.

3. Set the correct material size

It is vital to accurately set the material size. If you are using Carvey, remember that the toolpaths must avoid the smart clamp, so it is important to create a stock size larger than the model, and move the model away from the bottom left corner of the stock.

Preparing g-code for import into Easel from MeshCAM

Here is how to prepare your g-code in MeshCAM to import into Easel.

1. Make sure to set your stock size to accurately reflect your material.
  2. Make sure the origin is set to the lower left corner of the material, with the Z at the stock surface
  3. Export the gcode using the “Basic G-code (inch)” option.

Then, you can import the g-code into Easel going to the Project dropdown menu and selecting “Import G-Code”.