Meshcam users

I’ve had a surf through the forum, but could only find old out of date posts relating to Meshcam.

I’ve seen that users of Fusion 360 can export their Gcode into Easel and use Easel’s CAM function to visualise toolpaths/probe workpiece/carve their file. Is it possible to do this with Meshcam now, without using UGS?

1 Like

I use meshcam. I don’t use easel. But under Easel/File it says import Gcode and there is a Meshcam button to select.

2 Likes

Thanks Martin. I don’t have Meshcam, I’m just seeing if I should get it. Do you have a simple Meshcam file you’d be ok with sharing, so I can try to import it into Easel and have a play?

Have you seen this?

2 Likes

I have, thank you.

MeshCam is free for 15 days. My copy is probably 10 years old or so. You may be better off just downloading and trying a simple shape. I keep my 0,0 at the centerline of stuff at the bottom. I also don’t have an x carve post processor. Mine is set for a generic machine like fanuc or something…I can’t recall, so the code may/ may not contain some things that the post processor might contain. Meshcam is really user friendly and the steps are in a logical order.

1 Like

OK, well thanks for getting back to me.