Microsoft word

I’m a new xcarve user with yet another question. Can I lay out a project on Microsoft Word, and then export it to easel? If so, can you tell me how?

It sounds like you are working toward something like a plaque.

You can create a Word document and then make the document into an image in various ways.
1). use screen print to capture your document as an image.
or
2). save your document in PDF format and then use online tools to convert the PDF to a DXF or SVG or other image format.

From Easel, you would then do an Import or an image scan to convert the image of your document to tool paths.

You will need to experiment with fonts in Word to get the results you want.

You can also simply start in Microsoft Paint which does have good Font support. The downside there is that you have to manually work out any alignments and there is no spell check.

Thanks very much Harry

why do you want to use word?

It is possible as Harry explained but you are really making things much harder than they need to be.
Use the proper software, forget about Word.

I’m new at this. If there’s an easier way to do this, please let me know

start with easel… It’s right here. And your machine is built for it.

You should be able to:

• export to a PDF from Microsoft Word
  • open the PDF in a tool such as Inkscape
  • convert all the type to paths
  • save as an SVG

which you should then be able to open in Easel.

You should be able to convert it to pdf and then convert it to an svg. But if you are wanting to have different fonts and make your own custom designs you will want to look into Adobe illustrator. There is a fee for having it each month or yearly but if you need something for designing, that’s my main go to for design working for making my designs and trace work. I’ve used inkscape but really didn’t like it.