Midcentury Modern Media Console

Hey - just wanted to share the project I just finished in case it was of interest to anyone. This was mostly a traditional woodworking project (plywood box, walnut face-frame, walnut leg assembly, all done through traditional methods), but I finished it with center panels cut on the CNC and used spray adhesive to stick upholstery fabric to the back to allow some airflow and signal to passthrough. The outside cabinets hold my speakers, and the two center cabinets hold all my audio/video/internet gear. I elected to just make the center panels removable as I don’t ever need to access the components inside, but you could obviously do this same treatment with doors/sliding panels/whatever if you want the contents to be easily accessible. I just felt like saving on hardware and keeping it clean.

16 Likes

Beautiful! Reminds of furniture of the 50s and 60s.

2 Likes

Purty

1 Like

Terrific lines and geometry to it. An heirloom.

1 Like

Great Project!

1 Like

Thanks!

Thank you, I appreciate that!

will it have speakers built in?

1 Like

The black rectangles on the right and left side are actually the built-in speakers already installed!

looks really nice! i would be excited to know what components you used for the audio. i got my x-carve to pursue speaker/amp designs.