Mirrored image on 3018 cnc

Hi! Hope you guys can help me out.

I have a 3018 CNC (banggood). Problem is that it makes the jobs mirrored and also flipped. The flipped thing is resolved by switching the outer 2 wire on the connecter
Cable for the motors. But, still mirrored and now the control is reversed.

I adjusted the $2=0 to 1,2 and 3 but no difference.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Hope someone can help me out.

Are you familiar with these?

$3 – Direction port invert, mask
This setting inverts the direction signal for each axis. By default, Grbl assumes that the axes move in a positive direction when the direction pin signal is low, and a negative direction when the pin is high. Often, axes don’t move this way with some machines. This setting will invert the direction pin signal for those axes that move the opposite way.
This invert mask setting works exactly like the step port invert mask and stores which axes to invert as bit flags. To configure this setting, you simply need to send the value for the axes you want to invert. Use the table above. For example, if want to invert the Y axis direction only, you’d send $3=2 to Grbl and the setting should now read $3=2 (dir port invert mask:00000010)

1 Like

Thank you! $3 was what I needed to change! Played a bit with it and now it works great!

Many thanks again!

2 Likes

Greetings.
Same machine
When i click in the GRBL software to move right,spindle moves left,click move up it goes down. Click front it goes back.
Have changed $3=0 to $3 =7.
Now moves are OK,but the image i get is mirrored.
What now?

Mirrored image = X-axis is reveresed.

Thanks for the feedback.
What do i have to change now?

Switch (flip) the “polarity” on the A+/A- wires.

On the stepper for X axis?

Some pictures…

Yes.

$2 is the command for fixing this issue.

$2=2 this mirrors the Y axis but does not effect the X and Z axis

1 Like

This looks like the thing I need to fix my problem … but what is $3?

To get there in Easel, you go to machine /advanced/machine inspector. In the console window you should be able to send $$ to see what the settings are. To change a setting you would enter $=( insert the number you need to insert). You didn’t say which axis you wanted to invert, but the chart is pretty clear. I don’t use Easel, but the same thing applies to the universal gcode sender.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

I’m finding it a lot harder than 3d printing. :slight_smile:

It’s all what you get used to. I bought an Ender Pro 3 and trying to get it to work…LOL.

Ok, this is an easy fix, there is no need to cut wires and do anything crazy here. I think this happens when you accidentally swap the cable for X with Y and Y with X.

If you are seeing this issue, swap the corresponding wires in the controller board for X and for Y.

This should fix that problem.