More Mods for my X-Carve

As previously mentioned in another post, I did not order my X-Carve 1000mm with a waster board. I mounted my X-Carve directly to the table top of my custom cabinet. I have a slide out drawer for my keyboard, mouse and tooling. I also added five T-Slots for clamping. I needed the Motor to be lowered some so I have an earlier post on machining the DeWalt 611 motor mount to gain about 1/2" lower. I added the LEDs on the two Y axis and under the X axis and I have included a picture of the modified computer power supply. I am also showing here the left over LED strip lighting up the inside of my cabinet. I am including a picture of my X-Carve work environment showing my monitor and entire setup. I also made an auxilliary table out of vinyl covered MDF. I used the X-Carve to set up the nylon left and bottom set up spots to drill for the guides. I also used the X-Carve to start a grid of 2" X 2" set up points to drill for 1/4-20 inserts on the auxilliary table. I ordered 200 1/4-20 threaded inserts for the auxilliary table from Global Industrial for $14 plus shipping.

9 Likes