More presents for my Vcarve peeps!

Yoo Da Man Dayuhm

1 Like

Are the half slots there for a reason Phil?

I’m guessing because bits don’t drill square :slight_smile:

Now im so bad at drawing/graphics that I asked my 3 year old Daughter to do this :slight_smile:

Im thinking if that’s an exposed joint it will take a putty fill , fine if painting but such a cool joint should be exposed

If they were inverted would it work ?

Cheers Phil. its good to learn that about dogbones ,
and yes, the sawdust and glue trick is wise counsel :punch:(fistbump)

GC

1 Like

Here is a free “Freemason logo” in PTN, STL or RLF format from CNCCRAZE.com

https://cnccraze.com/collections/free-patterns/products/freemason-logo

2 Likes

How would I add the other half of the dogbone to each piece? Could I then use contrasting colored dowels to pin the dovetails together for a dramatic effect?

FYI, I really envy your CAD ability :slight_smile:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Really well done with the details… good work!!

1 Like

That box represents a lot of carving time!

1 Like

Love that box Phil. Can’t wait to get my hands on the 750 X-Carve :ok_hand:

1 Like

im guessing that the weights are holding the bottom plate/lid down while it glues up ?

edit----sorry Robert, DOH!!! yes the carvings are upside down, Start Over,!!!

1 Like

well we dont do we :slight_smile: @bobjewell
thats the value of Phil , who knows what you’ll get when you log on …

i dont think he sleeps !

i wish i lived closer , his shop must be awesome to hang out in,

1 Like

i didnt understand the join cut with dogbones on cnc until i saw it assembled, @AngusMcleod , and not the test piece, i was still lost , but the actual finished piece, then the light bulb moment occurred,

a picture = 1000 words

1 Like

I was literally just googling the best ways to cut dovetails on a CNC without having a vertical setup.

I really like your concept/design, but personally I can’t stand the rounded pockets in the corners. I wonder if there is a good way to incorporate dowel pins into the design that can insert into the pockets (sanded flush later) that add asthetic quality
Otherwise I think I would rather have the CNC cut the bulk out, and then just a little chisel work to clean up the corners.

1 Like

BTW, those 3D carves came out incredible!

2 Likes

Im betting you have a small snow plough converted to pick up the foot deep dust, :slight_smile:

how about a "show us your shop " thread,

Ive seen some pics on here of shops that are surgical clean , Xcarve robotic surgery anyone?

mine is a rammed earth floor so needs to be proper disgusting before it strikes me as needing ploughing , also its slowly turning itself to dust from machine vibrations,

1 Like

What program is that you speak of Phil? Vectric ?

Definitely one of a kind! Well thought out …

1 Like

Great stuff!!

1 Like

Great work, are you using magnets to hold down the top? If so, glued in, or press fit?

1 Like