MShoe, the Makita Dust Shoe

You’re more than welcome to try any method of making the file into a real life object. Only items of note are there are recesses in the bottom for the magnets, and the holes in the sides for mounting, and the tilted groove for the brush.
But hey who am I to stop ya :wink: Have at it :slight_smile:

I’m just talking about P1. :smiley:

I can’t print anything that takes longer than it would by milling. Strike that, I won’t print anything that takes more than an hour. Way too much time for something to go wrong. :wink:

that doesn’t leave much to print at all

i actually want to try and mill this thing now :sunglasses:

1 Like

A dust shoe was the incentive i needed to get my 3d printer going again. Spent most of today on it when I could have been out in the shed playing with the X-Carve…

3d printer back in action after few upgrades and mods - the good news.
The bad news is I can’t use this design without some modifications. :disappointed:

My X-Carve has a bearing at the bottom of the Z-axis ACME rod and bearing holder will get in the way of the dust shoe. Back to the drawing board.

Was looking for some guidance on how this attaches to the Makita before I print the STL. From your description and pictures I can’t seem to figure out how it attaches to the Makita. Great design.

I mounted mine using an M5 bolt attached to a spring on each side. See the pics in the first post for detail.

I’m not sure what I should add on before I cut it out