Multiple bit cnc

In Easel I am using the Roughing and detailing bit feature.

It seems like if I just run the job with 1 bit (let’s say 1/8bit). The job basically runs, of course with some missing small letters etc.

But when I add the detailing bit. It seems to cut a much larger percentage with the detailing bit. Can we adjust that at all ? As with the single bit, it seems to cut most of the part but when I add the second bit it takes quite a lot of time from the 1/8 bit and moves it to the smaller detailing bit. I would think that the 1/8 bit time would not change and it would just add the detailing bit to finish the part. The reason is that the bits are very small and I risk the chance of breaking them.

1 Like

It just comes down to the size of the engraving. It can’t engrave a 1/16th inch letter with an 1/8 inch bit. So it will have to do that with the smaller bit. Only way to change this would be to make the engraving larger or change the font to a thicker font that the roughing bit could engrave

1 Like

V bits…will do the trick.

1 Like

V Bits… It seems when I use Vbits because of the V shape it cuts a little extra on all the letters and they bleed together.

1 Like

these cutters will do the trick?.

61L9FHUfNPL.SX466

1 Like

IF the letters are cutting EXTRA than either the z zero isn’t set correctly OR the top of the workpiece is not parallel to the gantry’s movement in the X,Y axis.

Before any Vbit carving I do one of 2 things. I either surface the workpiece ON the cnc, and NOT remove it between the surfacing and the Vbit carving . . . . OR i do this shimming trick in order to get the top of the workpiece perfectly parallel to the gantry’s X,Y plane of movement…

1 Like

I over came that issue with various degree Vbits matched with the depth of the cut. I use from a low of 18 up to 90 degree and various diameter depending on the size work and depth of the cuts. Also check your setting for inside, on line or outside carve. This will affect the closeness of the cuts

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.