My 3D model had wrong cut

I have a question when I finished rough the zero changed in serface and I want to work with finishing
What is the best way to set the ballnose on the serface

Before that I leave the zero without carving
So I have the edge on my job
Now I use whole model so the rough take all serface
My z zero now changed
If u want to start finishing the is new zero in z
When I start carve I put a paper between the bit and the serface
What is the new setting for finishing for bit
I don’t know if I do the same with rough and toch the serface or I have to put the same high like I put it at rough

thanks Robert
you know we have rough and finish ,first i work with rough ,this is the first time i use whole model and select all the surface to carve because I want to know the line disappear in my model, My idea is the line happened because the bit hit the left side of the edge when start to do the finishing as you see in my photos .
so I want to carve all the surface that means the z zero will change because the rough take about 0.25 in deep in my model.
now i have two Z zero one at the point when start roughing , second when ending roughing
which i will use ???
that is the question

you mean artcam express , or pic sender which i use it in sending g code to my cnc

I was suggest you to MASTER your X-Carve by running simple 2D carves. You still trying to run complex jobs.
First; Your Z zero must be somewhere on your work piece untouched surface for reference, when you change your bit for detail, you will use same spot again. You can’t take Z zero on carved surface.
Second; Try bigger bit for ruff cut. Ideally 0.25" spiral.
Third; Spend some time watching Youtube videos running 3D on XCarve.

1 Like

I will do in that way, I have some point in my model do not carve, I will set my z zero on it, then i go to z x,y
in that way i have zero z,x,y

As you see my Zero X,Y,Z are on my board ,after did the relief the Zero stand up on my board , so if I want to do the finishing I have to set the Zero over the board, like the photo I send.
can I do the rough only then I do the finishing in separate calculate .

My CNC now is good and this 3 d model I have been finished

3 Likes