My Gear Project

I got my machine about a year ago and started with Easel. Then after a few months I subscribed to Illustrator and signed up for a Lynda.com tutorial about Illustrator. Very helpful. There might be an educator discount for Lynda.com, maybe also for Adobe Illustrator so you can use it at the school as well as home.

I come from a woodworking background so “EXACT” is a four letter work to me. Just about everything has a little bit of built in slop.

I have to thank everyone for all their input. After thinking about it… I finally figured it out and it was easier than I thought. Actually, your ideas all came to mind at one point or another and I simply started over by importing a gear, then setting the cuts inside/outside, then resizing the entire object… stopping here and there to check just the center until it was exactly 1/4". That kept the center hole centered. I’ll try cutting it later since we are testing all week and my schedule is completely out of wack, maybe even for a few more days next week. I think it should work, but now I have to account for oversized holes on other parts that the dowel needs to be free to rotate. Not too much slop and not too little slop. Haha! If Dan has an “exact” measurement to share, I’m sure I’m not the only one who would benefit.

that is amazing. good work

just awesome, liked it!

great work you have done.

Great work,…