My new waste board and other upgrades

3 Likes

What dial indicator is that? I’ve been looking for a small face dial indicator like that for a while.

It’s my Mitutoyo from work. It’s a .0005 indicator. Kind of expensive but it’s what I do for a living. I have a .0001 as well. They were in the 200 range. Purchase off of MSCdirect.com.

Truetest 513-442 and 513-443

turned out super nice, thanks for sharing

1 Like

New, collapsible keyboard and mouse shelf, using the existing drawers.

5 Likes

smart

Decide to engrave the three collapsible shelves with some decorations. The first is one of my favorite things from my childhood, a Lego patent print. The second is my logo. And the third is one of my favorite quotes.

4 Likes

That looks great!

very cool! Did you engrave that, or was that done with a pen? I see ink bleed.

It was engraved. Technically v carved. I had done it before for other projects with paint, but I decided to try black dye stain on that one panel. The wood was already sealed and poly’d prior to engraving, but because the dye is so thin, it did bleed a little. Paint is definitely the way to go. You still need to sand after paint, just to remove the excess off the surface and re-poly it. But it really highlights the image.

makes sense. You sealed it, then engraved through the sealant so it would accept paint, then run it through a planer to get the overspray off?

No planer. Just sanded the surface with a random orbit sander when the paint was thoroughly dry. That left the paint just in the milled sections.

That’s true, but he told us the version.

1 Like

So was the sheet 1000x1000mm? I’m thinking of doing the same, but with acrylic. I want to have my own hole placement lol.

Actually no. The sheet measures like 37"x39.25". With the tolerance that the company that cut the sheet had, I gave them a measurement of 36.937 x 39.19. I think. Not home ATM, but I will double check.

Please do, so i can make one out of acrylic lol.

Just wondering, can’t you just measure your own? lol

1 Like

Have you tried to use it yet?

1 Like

Well, you do have a point lol. Main reason I was asking is because I don’t have a table saw to edge up my piece if it’s not the right size.

Oh yes, it works great! Love the closer hole pattern. Lots easier for smaller pieces and attaching fixtures.

3 Likes