My spindle motor will not start

i was doing a carve making a bowl set. on the finish carve .250 BN bit it start ok then took a left turn and cut into wood at full depth and stalled out. i caught is right away but now the spindle will not start up

any thoughts?

1 Like

I actually had this exact same thing happen to me. I had to close out of easel and fully cycle the machine restarting the project and it finally worked.

Jan 2,2021 EDIT because this thread has been reopened and at this time I’ve seen the issue a bunch of times now:: The fix is to unplug AC Power and allow 5-10 minutes for the VFD to fully discharge it’s capacitors and then when you power back on it’ll reset the VFD and the spindle will work fine

I'm not positive for the Pro but i would expect a resettable circuit and cycle power like Zack suggested... add a 30 second pause while off for any capacitors to discharge as well. If that doesn't resolve possible a blown fuse & I'd call support for detailed troubleshooting since it would still be under warranty period.

i cycled the power.

1st time i don’t think i waited long enough prior to restarting. 2nd time i waited 15 min and it worked

bryan h

2 Likes

I did the same but the motor has a thermal fuse. You have to wait at least 10 min. I dont know if turning main power off helped but I have had this issue more times than I care to admit.

1 Like