Need a bit of advice on speeds and feeds

Bought an X-carve about 7 years ago and used it a lot to cut machinable wax for glass casting molds. But due to life, had to stop for a bit.

I’ve just dug the machine out, replaced the Z axis (as some parts broke when we moved to the midwest) and now I need to do a job for a friend and I don’t know where to start. As I have only used wax, I don’t really know what I am doing on wood.

Doing two signs on cedar that the guy supplied (which I am not very happy about.) He had someone glue up 2x6’s and I have to make signs out of them.

So. It’s cedar decking lumber. I am using V-carve and downloading with UGS. I have 1000mm machine with a dewalt router on it. V-carve the letting with 1/4" endmill for clearing out the larger areas. I set my flat depth at .2 inches.

Can or would any of you suggest a starting point? I did the files, and they seem fine. I have the machine running fine. Now I just need to get going.

And, one other question. I was planning on using sign transfer tape to mask so I could fill the image/type with paint. I have that, masking tape, and sign vinyl; can anyone suggest the best one to use?

Thanks in advance!

Guy