Need assistance with layers

I am not sure what i am doing wrong… From easel it looks right but when the carving completes, it is carving parts that are supposed to be hidden…

Here is the path to the project in easel…

Here is a few pictures of the easel drawing vs the carving…

How do I bush back the layers that aren’t supposed to carved? I tried moving those back, but it still carved the,

All the layers will be carved if they have a cut depth greater than zero. The layers in Easel are used to define the cut order, If you do not want a section cut just be sure to set its cut depth to zero.

Try using the combine feature before carving.

What happens if the layers overlap? If you look at the carving that was done some of the spires on the star didn’t carve and then some did carve…

I tried combine and it didn’t work right…

Hi @Michael5 I took a look at your file and it looks like the shapes were imported. The combine feature works better if all the elements are made within Easel. You need to go back to the drawing program you made the design in and combine the elements in that program so when you bring them in they only have the paths you wish to carve.

The front back feature dictates the order you want to carve. If you were doing a pocket then you could do what you are trying to do by adjusting the depth but since you are just doing lines it’s easier to just combine them in the drawing program.

Here’s a screencast of how the combine feature works with elements in Easel.
Combine Feature.mov (6.2 MB)