Need Help for cutting insert base

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/_EAWdMSaAIFpSyUktJUWoAAnyone that could help me out would, would be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of cutting out, (or trying too) a base for a lighted sign I am working on. In the project file below is the file currently working from. The first tab is being cut out of 3/4 wood to give it height, and strength. The second tab is planning to cut from 1/4 plywood and either snug fit, or glue in place. Trouble I have been having is to get eh cut out to fit more snug in the base. I have tried inside and outside cuts, tried to manipulate the length and width with no success. I am still learning Easel, and how to design in in. initially tried this in corel draw, but that was another issue in itself.

So if any of you other experience folks out there that can lend me a hand and some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

THanks

There is an inlay app where you can define the tolerance between the cutout and the inlay. I haven’t tried it my self but the forum is full of people using it and there is a easel live class regarding this app.

Regards

Foxx