Need Some Assistance Please

Dang I must not have scrolled all the way through your help documents and tutorials page because I did look for something like this! Well as always you rock Phil and thanks again. I’ll get this stuff eventually just a learning curve for me since I’ve never done this type of work before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the attempt to skim my waste board it’s obvious the tram/router is uneven (see pic of skim rows). I stopped the skim before I potentially messed things up.

I tried loosening (and I know these aren’t the correct part names) the X Carriage bar to see if there was any movement to slightly tilt front to back. There really isn’t any ‘play’ in them so of course I tighten them back up. I also tried loosening the wheels on the right and left rails and snug them up so the Carriage bar was level right to left and that helped slightly. But it is a guess as to how ‘tight’ is correct for them.

I’m at a loss…I guess I am way over my head and it’s getting frustrating since I anticipated making my product a month ago. I didn’t think this machine would be such a challenge to ‘square’ up.

Anything thoughts would be appreciated.

You know I took a close inspection of that tonight and I’m just not seeing why it’s so off. I’m sure it’s because I’m new with C&C machines. JDM who also gave insight in this post offered to video conference with me so maybe if I can get a fresh set of eyes on this thing he can see something that I’m not. So I’ll keep you posted and thanks again for trying to work through this with me!

Just an update for all that put the time and effort to help me work through this.

JDM took the time to video conference with me and walked me through a bunch of helpful adjustments to my machine and it’s cutting WAY better! Some of the things that made a difference were things that I attempted multiple times but was just not tightening in the correct manner. My main X cross bar was out of whack giving a slight angle to the bit, my V wheels weren’t all tight enough and I still need to level my machine/table better…but even without leveling that it’s carving so much better.

I am extremely thankful for you folks on this forum, especially since I am not a C&C guy. I’d honestly be putting my machine on eBay if it wasn’t for you all! I have mad respect for you guys, your knowledge and willingness to help - I honestly didn’t think I was biting off more than I could chew buying this machine. But evidently I was :slight_smile: So hoping to get up to speed and help others some day.

Thanks!

1 Like

I was just wondering what settings are needed to level my board. Im using easel. Do I just put in 30x30 or what?