New X-carve owner (less than a week) : Figured I’d use the xmas break to use my 3d modeling & printing skills to knock out a new dust-shoe for the Dewalt 611, since (based on my searching) I didn’t find any projects that would mate up with a 2.5" line (maybe I missed them). I’ve gone through a few prototypes (laying on the wasteboard), and have something I’m pretty happy with:
(the square viewport hole I’ll just cover with two pieces of clear tape stuck together, but eventually I could cut a piece of acrylic and put in there too).
Once I confirm the thing works properly I’ll release the files if anyone else would find it of use, as a thanks to this great community. If you’re wondering about strength, it’s rock solid (based on my print settings, I use a 1.2mm E3D-v6 Volcano nozzle at 600 micron), could probably lift the machine with it.
The final missing piece is the strip brush: I know others on here have made their own dust shoe, but I’m having a hard time tracking down what’s to be used as the outer brush material that will wrap around it. I contacted McMaster-Carr, and they pointed me this direction:
But I’d sure like a testimonial or recommended product: I’m looking for something flexible, bristles 1.5-2" long, I can glue to the perimeter of the shoe.
Thoughts and comments welcome.