For those of us with more than one CNC and / or computer, setting up CNCs can eat a lot of time.
We’d like to fix that. We hope this system makes Easel Pro more helpful by letting you store your CNC configuration(s) on Inventables’ servers and retrieve as needed. Free users have access to one machine profile and can uninstall it to use a different machine. Adding multiple profiles is only available to pro users.
- Open the Machine tab in Easel
- Click set up new machine and complete the setup steps.
- Once set up, you can edit the name or other properties as well as uninstall it by clicking Edit your Machine.
- Upon logging in from a different computer or new session, you can load your settings from the dropdown and skip the setup.
- Easel Pro users will be able to set up multiple machine profiles and toggle loading between them by selecting it from the dropdown.
Note: if you have two machines of the same type (i.e. two x-carves) you may want to Edit their names to differentiate between them.
- Work area
- Spindle type
- Spindle control
- Spindle RPM
- Machine Type
Your saved cut settings will now be tied to specific machine profiles along with bit/material. That way you can differentiate different feeds and speeds for different machines.