New to x-carve

Hey there everyone. Just got the X-Carve up and going. A few issues with setting xy to zero with the probe. It went back to center of machine nowhere near the piece i needed carved. Its gonna take some time to get to know this machine but any advice would be a great help. Thanks

Rob

2 Likes

Welcome to the club!

The first thing I would check is the 0,0 on the project.

If you have your project set so the 0,0 is on the left corner (like the photo below) the machine will usually shoot up and to the right to start the carve.

If you have the 0,0 set on center of the project it will usually start closer to the center.

Once you know where your 0,0 is on your project, make sure you set the 0,0 on the machine the same way. If you set it on the bottom left corner, then you will want to 0 the machine on the bottom left corner of your material, and if you have your 0,0 set on the center of your project then set your machine so the 0 is dead center of your material.

Hope this helps, Drew

2 Likes

I think thats where I messed up now that you mentioned that. Im happy to be apart of this community. Thanks Andrew :+1:

2 Likes

So i also bypassed the homing device becasue when setting it up it wouldnt stop homing when trigger was hit. I changed homing tab and did the same. So went on and checked if the green light was activating and it was. I went woth the z probe and manually settings. Ill be doing alot of reading here this afternoon to get a better feel of this amazing machine.

2 Likes

Which switch isnt working?
If its the z thats a common issue and the standard fix is to bend the tip end of the switch downward.

And since its a new machine you may have the entire z axis mounted too high, this is another very common issue with the setup.

Andrew did a good write up. But if you want the video reference heres the pawpaw video of the same process Andrew explained :wink:

1 Like

Its the Z axis. Thank brotha!! Ill check out the videos and see if i cant get the problem fixed. Yall are great help

1 Like

That is the video that made it click for me!

2 Likes

Same… all makes sense now. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.