New web-based CAM Slicer, GCode toolpath generator

@StewartAllen

Is it possible to add an obvious mark for the origin on the build surface in Kiri?

I’m having trouble locating the origin of the part. I’ve read through the comments in this feed and still can’t reliably place the origin. In this case I don’t care where the origin is, just that I can find it.

This code has been entirely re-written in the last year. Also, tons of new features that should make CNC work much easier.

1 Like

Same link Stewart? Not working for me. Thanks.

Kiri:Moto is not working for you?

The updated origins feature video is here and the updates to tab cutouts video is here. Also a new intro video here.

Yes Sirrrrrr. Thanks. I’ll have to mess around with it later after I watch the videos.

Hi,
I have enjoyed trying this program. I have a question on waterline machining… I believe it was supported in the version I tried some months back… Now I have looked at V2.5 (and going back to 2.2 or so), and I cannot find the feature. It is very useful for what I do… Am I missing something?
What are your plans for waterline machining in the future?

Best Regards,
David

Hi @David14 ,

Kiri:Moto is under heavy development right now with a ton of new CAM features. Waterline is now known as “Outline”. However, there are even newer ways to do tracing and cutouts. Please check out the Kiri:Moto CAM playlist on Youtube.

I also recently made an extended video guide covering all features here. And new features are rolling out several times a week to the development version. You can select the Kiri version here.

Stewart

Hi Stewart,
Thanks for the reply. I have watched the video.
Looks like the combination of the new name and ‘outside only’ setting tripped me up… Looks closer to as expected.

David

Question…
Has it always been like this… with a nearly flat but not quite flat top the ‘outline’ ‘finish’ cuts are very far apart, so if this followed a rough cut, it would not be cut down to level and smooth between the cuts…
Would have to make another finish cut. Is this how it should be???

Thanks,
David

Outlining only does 2D planar cuts. If you want to follow the curvature of the face, add a “contour” operation.