Not cutting part of my design

The link above is to a christmas ornament project I am working on. I have cut it out before but now the heart is not showing that it will be cut. If I choose fill for an option it shows up but when I choose outline it no longer shows toolpaths. What did I do, and how do I fix it? Once this issue is solved I plan to copy the ornament to make it so I can cut out multiples at one time. The link below is for the back side of the same ornament. I hope my links work it’s my first time doing this so I may be forgetting to do something that is required. Thanks for your help.

Hi Ryan…

The issue is likely the bit size chosen versus the depth of the heart to be cut out. I think you’ll have better success doing a 2-stage cut… Use a bigger bit to do the Heart outline, with the smaller bit doing the detail work…

Search two stage carves for more info…

Ron, I tried setting it up for a two stage with a 1/8 bit for the rough cut, still not showing cutting. I’ll keep trying.

Did you try “hide Material”?

Sometimes the material doesn’t show the cut …

Yeah, eventually I did. Been to busy wiping egg off my face to get back on. Thanks for the help, glad I could give you a laugh.

No laughing… we’ve all been in the trenches Ryan…

I’m the guy that crushed my limit switches because I sent my Z up 1 inch instead of .01. I watched that trainwreck happen for about 10 seconds before I hit the big red button… :slight_smile:

1 Like