Not cutting the whole design

Make something in Easel do the toolpath shows 36 min cut time go to cut and it shows 36 min to cut but in about 5 min or less it says cut complete. I used a v bit and only one bit cut. Any help would be great happened 4 times now
Thanks Darrin

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Darrin. Can you download the file here so we can take a look at it?

1 Like

It sounds like there might be an issue with bit selection and project design,
If you can share the project link we can provide accurate advice, otherwise the advice will just be guesses and speculation :+1:

1 Like

Did you perform both a Roughing and Detail pass during each carve that you say failed? You have to select which one to carve because Easel has no way of knowing which bit you have in and which part you want to carve first.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

I didn’t even interpret it the way you did at first… but after rereading it with what you said in mind, I totally think you nailed this one!

Possibly…

I figured that it was the first post, and the OP might not be aware that the Roughing & Detailed passes are meant to be two different size endmills or an endmill and a V-Bit.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Well I got it figured out thanks for the help and ideas… I feel stupid, I restarted my pc and tried again and it worked perfect. I didn’t know about the rough pass detail pass. New to this stuff so thanks for the help!!

2 Likes

Not a problem… Glad you got it working!

Brandon Parker

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.