[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

I would like to try this new feature to send Vcarve gcode files.

this is fantastic. i’d love to see this happen and along with it some widgets that put some of the more advanced functionality in there like a touch plate functionality for zeroing to the top of the surface, support for a good set of keybinds for jogging the machine that can be mapped to the wheels and buttons on the ShuttleXpress Jog Pendant, and lastly, a way to tie a specific version of Easel to a person’s account allowing them to specify when to update to the latest version.

I mention those because if Easel adds functionality to be a GCODE sender as well as CAM, you will need some of the functionality that other GCODE senders allow. Those 3 items are ones that I find myself wanting more and more. Especially the last one - if you take quite a bit of time testing on multiple test pieces and finally are ready to cut into some piece you have invested weeks of effort in, the last thing you want to be worried about is that the code changed underneath you while you were sleeping and now the behavior is done.

Really excited to see this sort of stuff coming to Easel.

1 Like

id like to try also thanks

I’d be open to give it a try with my Vectric Files

Can I get access to this also?

@AllenMassey @JosephSmith @CoryMccormick @GillianPrattKrygowsk it’s your birthday…

I mean you now have access!

1 Like

Great, I am downloading the new Easel Post P for Vcarve now.

few months but early is always good!!! thanks

@sketch42 what is that?

NASA height map of the moon’s surface.

Third in the pic above.

15 Likes

What format does NASA provide it in and how did you get it into the X-Carve?

Id would like to try it with fusion, thanks

NASA provides it in image form with highs as lighter and darks as lower.

For this one I used Aspire to import an image and make it 3D, but it can be done other ways (Blender to MeshCAM for one) and the the toolpaths were saved using the Easel provided Post Processor

@AntonioLarriva you can fire up Fusion and give it a spin down the block.

That’s awesome. I would like to try this too.
Thanks!

Sign me up please!
Looks promising and super useful!
I will try with F-Engrave and let the forum know how it goes.

@PrzemyslawAugustyn and @JeremyJohnstone I just hooked you up.

Pick me!

I’m so sorry @tonyNo we just ran out of early access invites…just kidding you’re in!

2 Likes

I want to give this a go please :smile: