[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

Please add me

@jdm I already added you :smile: Refresh the browser to see it appear.

thank you :+1:

Can you please add me in

@TrentHailes you’re added. Have you sent g-code before or is this new for you?

I also want to try with Aspire. I wish you would let me Zach

Your wish has been granted @Josmalo

Hi Inventables!

I just recieved my X-Carve a few days ago and I would love to participate in this.
It’s exactly what I need, I’m a fusion 360 user and I will keep you updated :smile:

@FrankVisser you’re ready to rock

Unfortunately F-Engrave generates a G91.1 (Incremental IJK mode) code, that Easel does not like.

Can you use any bit using just the gcode sender through easel? I seem to be getting a drastically different product vs what I am expecting using a v bit.

Aspire

Easel

Actual

I had previously changed my rapid movement to match my cutting speed but it seems to have missed steps again. I’m not so sure what is effecting the speed easel or the gcode.

So yeah not terrible successful for me so far.

As I stand here at the entrance to the easel gcode club, the dude with the velvet rope is looking at me expectantly like he wants a tip or something.

Can the prez of the club hook a CNC brother up?

Will do Zach.

@JkWestphal the bouncer just lifted the velvet rope.

1 Like

@RamonQuinones the screenshot of the import looks good. It looks like a speeds and feeds problem. What bit, depth per pass, and feed rate did you choose in Aspire?

The settings for those would be set in Aspire not in Easel when using gcode import.

Ok, I had a suspicious that it might be a cause of the gcode overriding the settings I had for easel.

Hey @Zach_Kaplan I would like to join this club too! My name should be on the, ahem, list. Thank you kindly!

James

I just hope it all goes good for everyone and all bugs worked out for when I’m finally able to get an xcarve.

Could you please add the G code option for me?!

@JamesMurray hmmm I don’t see you on the list here…could it be under a different name? Oh @DavidKutchaw I have you down for 2…OK @JamesMurray you can tag along with him.