Object Layout Worksheet

Recently have been getting messed up with little scraps of paper jotting down measurements and setting. Thought I would create a table of info to maintain for future reference especially when designing in VCarve. This is pretty straight forward Please feel free to add or modify it to improve.
MikeCNC Object Layout Sheet.docx (13.5 KB)

I’ve been doing similar to this. I have a folder on my desktop called “X Carve” and in that folder I have a folder for each piece of work. In that folder I have the gcode saved and then a notes.txt that basically tells me how to set it up such as how big to cut the board, which bit, where to zero, how long it takes, and any other information I can think of that helps me recreate the job.

I haven’t got to the point yet where I am cranking out completed pieces. With each carve I am still finding little things I want to tweak for the next one.

i put as much info as i can in the gcode filename

I was thinking about something like this as part of a pre-flight checklist…
did you check the belts, tighten the nuts, check z-vertical…

1 Like

Vcarve Pro has a nice feature where you can create a job sheet for your project. Under the toolpaths tab, it is at the bottom of the list. I just wish it included the font used in case the .crv file ever got lost or corrupted. I’ve got in the habit of printing one for my successful jobs just for future reference.