On-Screen Comments

It would be nice if there was a way to add comment bubbles or notes on the design section that wasn’t supposed to be carved into the project.

I typically find myself taking notes on things like placement and depths on a small whiteboard beside my computer whenever I’m designing on Easel, but it never fails that I come back to the project and have to recalculate things like that. I’d love to have a little note on there that says “Hey stupid, you spaced the dominos every 1.7” vertically" or “Dummy, don’t forget to change the cut depth if you go to 1/2” MDF instead of 3/4" MDF".

Something like this would also be extremely useful for projects being released on Inventables. Since I can only link one Easel file to the project (I know, I can put more in the instructions), it would be good to be able to put notes to others. Useful notes would be “There’s a second Easel file with the rear design in the instructions” and “If you want to change size, don’t forget to hit the lock symbol so you don’t mess up spacing”.

5 Likes

Good idea @RobertA_Rieke a notes field to go along with the project would be nice.

yeah I think it is a great idea to add a feature like that this is what i do now

I Put text off to the side, then set it to zero before cutting

Not a perfect fix, but seems to work