Personalized Cornhole Boards

I used my X-Carve machine with the Jtech photonics 2.8w laser to create the designs in the boards. I used Picengrave pro 5, Inkscape, and Picsender for the software tools. I used a 3/8" straight router bit to cut the groove for the lights. After setting the battery operated lights in the groove, I filled with EnviroTex Lite High Gloss resin mixed with Smooth-On Glow Worm blue/green powder (glow in the dark phosphorescent). This project took about two months as I was doing it after work and on weekends when I had a spare moment. My wife helped me immensely with the poly application.
YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zkv762KGY

2 Likes

Made another set with the X-Carve, Jtech 2.8W laser, and Picengrave Pro 5. Love how well the software translates to the wood.

3 Likes

those designs with the laser look really good, good job? How long it took you for the uss Portland?

The PORTLAND crest was 12" wide by 15" tall. I originally set it at 100 IPM but felt it was too light so went back and set it at 50 IPM. It took 13 hours 51 minutes to complete. For the other designs, I changed the setting to 75 IPM which worked out well. They were set up at a total of 12" wide X 16" tall and only took about 6 hours to complete. The laser left quite the indent on the PORTLAND crest for me to fill with polyurethane so I would have preferred the 75IPM I believe. I have been thoroughly impressed with Picengrave’s software and its ability to translate the random graphics I have been using to an outstanding result on the wood.

2 Likes

wow, thats a long time. I dont have the patience to wait that long.