Phil's 2.8w Jtech Laser Journey

47.75-in x 7.98-ft Smooth White Hardboard Wall Panel
Item # 16605 Model # 300 At Lowes

Looks great. Did you just laser the white hardboard and frame it up, then done? I love the simplicity of it.

After doing a lot of laser work for the last couple of years it looks to be either a focus issue ( maybe a different lens is needed), or power and speed issue. Here are a couple examples I did on my K40 on different power settings and speeds.

2 Likes

Ok, just installed the J-Tech 2.8 on my 1000 xcarve… gave it a try (after hitting the reset button) and it burns, but does not shut off when switching between sections of the “carve” its set on TTI like everyone said to … but it even burns a line from Zero to the start point.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

running Vcarv Pro 9.

trying to find the no z post processor, how far up in the post is it?

ok got that down loaded, set the laser to 500 (50%) but I notice that the spindle is still operating the z axis while its drawing, causing burn in spots… any input on this?

going to have to call it a night, grand son coming over, never miss a minute with him.
thanks for the help Phil, really excited about this new toy.

1 Like

ok finally got back to my xcarve, to answer the first question my max rmp in pic Sender GRBL for the lase line $30=12000(rmp max)

not quite following how to change that, I’m just getting started at this, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

I take my dust and spread it out in the yard for mulch and such. A 40 gallon bag of dust can get quite heavy.

one quick question, how do you feel about the piclaser program?

thanks phil both for the help and the patience

1 Like

This may sound crazy, but watching the laser video’s hurts my eyes. I watched Phil’s videos and my eyes started to hurt a bit, I switched over to Jtech to watch some of theirs and it’s worse. Now my eyes are feeling very uncomfortable right now. lol

It’s your wallet that’s feeling the pain, the eyes are just a sympathetic reaction.

1 Like

Bwahhhhaaaaaaa

1 Like

My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of Phil’s laser,…:notes:

Now they see no more!

1 Like

Clamping habits die hard :slight_smile: I do the same thing, even though I don’t need em

2 Likes

Or bumping table on middle of the job.