Phil's 2.8w Jtech Laser Journey

Can with PicSender.:wink:

7 Likes

Hey! Less talky! More pic(tys)!! :smile:

2 Likes

Something to also try @PhilJohnson is multiple passes on full power and surface sand. In picengrave I do a 45 left and a 45 right to get a deeper engrave. Works well on custom photo frames I do. Would also recommend a honeycomb to put your longer engraves on to give peace of mind for fire hazards.

7 Likes

Phil, Thanks for the file and your input on the setting. Only broke one bit and that was because I didn’t change a setting for the feed for the slots. Just need to sand the edges to take off whats left of the tabs and burrs.

Thanks again,

Pat

2 Likes

Laser mount part 2 is showing the bent piece… don’t I need a flat one?

For your image work try one of the 45 degree engraving angles.

2 Likes

You start losing your audience on your other post. What will we calling you? CarvingMan, BurningMan. :blush:

1 Like

CNC Demon!

3 Likes

:joy:

I just call him Phil.

2 Likes

Looks good!

I forgot to mention I added a 3 way switch wired to the PWM signal so I can switch between Router, laser, and no signal. Left sight is laser, middle is off, and right is router. FWIW thought it may help someone’s else for ease of use.

1 Like

Phil has MONSTER HANDS!!

5 Likes

Read that one too early in the morning - made me laugh and spray coffee all over my keyboard.

4 Likes

LightBurn allows pausing / resuming in mid cut. If the laser power is scaled by the speed the laser turns off on its own if the head stops moving. If not, the software injects an M5 command on pause, and an M3/M4 on resume. A GCode sender doesn’t have to be dumb.

1 Like

I came across these free e-books on laser cutters the other day

I’m gonna have to lock away my credit card after reading this thread…

1 Like

mission accomplished

3 Likes

Birch plywood?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/1-4-in-Birch-Plywood-Application-as-2-x-4/1000066175

1 Like

Now that I got a bump stop set up, I’ll have to make some holding jigs.

1 Like

I call these clampccidents. They go nicely with lots of curses. And make us wiser too.