Phil's linear rail Z axis upgrade

That’s what I used in my figures as well.

Upon looking at the pics I remembered tha t once again we were thinking along the same lines. This is starting to get spooky. post on how they work and i may take the jump as well.

1 Like

If the data you posted above is the detail for your new rail, then yes you should start at 2400/25.4 = 94.488 steps/mm in your $102 parameter. Then, fine tune from there.

Phil, regarding the lift plates. Is there a benefit to the way you designed them compared to making new plates to raise the “Y” axis up?

Jer

True, true.

I’m pretty sure it’s $3= just need to figure out the value that only reverses Z. What is the value now?

$3=4 will reverse just the Z

1 Like

Try 7.
3 is reverse x and y but not z
7 is reverse x and y and z

1 Like

Does $X command kill the alarm lock?

@PhilJohnson

Do you have it all worked out now? If you had to change $3 then you need to change $23 as well.

1 Like

If you had to change $3 to 7 then for homing to work correctly you should have to change $23 to 7 as well. How do you have things set and are both homing and normal movement working?

@PhilJohnson Post your $$ output here. Something is strange.

That shouldn’t work.

Homing works correctly?

Jogging works correctly?

1 Like

As if I didn’t have enough stuff to take up my time – I’m going to have to figure this out.

1 Like

No, it shouldn’t. Because you changed the orientation of the motor mount you had to change the $3 to reverse the motor, but that should have been true for both homing and jogging.

X-controller should operate the same. Basically the X-controller is an Arduino and gShield on the same circuit board (uses different stepper drivers for more current).

What software are you using to do these tests?

In the UGS Machine status window are your Machine Position co-ordinates positive or negative?

Ok, it’s not important, I’m just trying to figure out why your setup is using different co-ordinate systems for the two different functions.

1 Like

As I recall, I went into Easel’s machine configurator and when it tested the z axis movement of course it was wrong and I told it so. what ever easel changed it worked to get proper direction set, then it was a matter of calibrating the z.

I’ll get onto my shop computer and see if I can get you a list of my settings in a short bit.

1 Like