Phil's New Waste Board

What are the three rows of holes for? A lower layer of supports for the aluminum sheet? And I’ll guess that your mistake was putting the T slot too close to the frame fastening holes in the bottom corners.

“shift”?

It’s worse than scrap metal. At least scrap metal has the potential to one day become something useful.

1 Like

So cool man. That tap is a butt pain though. I busted a bit off drilling a safe the other day. Pain in the cheeks. I got nothing of value to input, just think your project is coooo.

-p

1 Like

The red looks cool. Almost like racing stripes. I also like the bottom.

1 Like

Slick

1 Like

Good luck on your quest, Zach be with you.

1 Like

Looks awesome Phil, love the bump stop!

1 Like

Awesome, wanted to add t slots to my machine was trying to figure best way to do it. Now I have a good idea.[quote=“PhilJohnson, post:82, topic:23381, full:true”]
@Mike

I’m thinking of trying to preserve this a bit and I’ll put pieces of underlayment under each part I cut. It’s 1/8" thick plywood that’s $5 for a 4ft x 8ft sheet. I’m thinking that I should level the waste board surface eventually with my 3/4" bit.
[/quote]

1 Like

This looks excellent!

Great job Phil.

1 Like

Beautiful work Phil! Can you explain how the bumpstop works? It looks like an awesome idea.

1 Like

Phil what type of rails are those? I tried to located them at Home Depot and Amazon but could not find them. Unfortunately there is no Menards around here.

Thank you so much Phil. I really like your design of the waste board.

Is there anything that you would have changed, now that you’ve had some time to use it?

1 Like

Currently looking at the Incra T-Track. They appear to be predrilled and use #8 screws instead of the traditional #6 screws. Reviews look very good. You can check them out here;

http://www.amazon.com/Incra-TTRACKREG36-36-Inch-T-Track-Regular/dp/B0000DD5EY?ie=UTF8&colid=PGSUE0OBLM5X&coliid=IOZDE3B7SWYMR&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

THANKS for your help and recommendations Phil :thumbsup:

1 Like

Save yourself a ton of money. Its not quite as pretty but oh well I expect it will work great and it is very low cost.

Low Cost T-track

5 Likes

Thanks Stacy. I would have preferred to one you linked to as I suspect the colored finish on the other brands would scratch off after a while, and then they’d look worn. The “clear” finish that you linked to should always stay looking nice as the scratches wouldn’t show. Only problem is that there is no ‘buy’ button to actually order anything. LOL :grinning:

click on the item number in green and an add to cart button appears.

Erik beat me too it. You may have to select the length you want and then click on the amount. The site is a little finicky. However I just checked and all lengths are in stock.

Are you talking about the SKU number? That is not clickable. The only clickable links are the alloy, finish and length. Tried several browsers. Thanks for trying to help though :slight_smile:

click on the green sku number for the size you want…it doesn’t appear to be clickable, but it is.