Phil's New Waste Board

Sorry Phil, blacksheepcnc.com has already been taken… not being used but is taken. I am guessing that the guy that has the blacksheepcnc store on ebay owns it.

Blacksheep CNC group on Facebook is the reference…

1 Like

LOL…

Yeah… when it come to machining, I can be his “Fredo Corleone”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone also recommended Layout Dye… But, I wasn’t sure if adding chemicals would throw off the level surface. Any thoughts?

And, thanks again for your patience. I’m learning and buying tools as quickly as my little “Lab Rat” mind will absorb the concepts and contexts to the information. :smiley:

1 Like

Layout dye is super thin and will not to the thickness. It will wipe off with acetone.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

I appreciate it :smiley:

Phil - do you have any problem clamping small parts with the 6ish inch gap between your clamp t-track? I have seen some tables with 1-1/2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 inch boards between tracks and was wondering if that provides any benefit over just a single dimension between tracks.

1 Like

So if you were redoing it what would you change after using it. I have seen one that has (2) 1-1/2 boards, (2) 3 inch boards, (2) 4 inch and (2) 6 inch boards.

1 Like

I have been wondering about using a bump stop. Is it only accurate for the bit you cut it with? If I use a 1/4 bit to cut the stop and switch to a 1/16 bit the x and y would be off by the half the difference of the two bits?

To get the bump stop to be accurate, you have to center the bit directly over the corner where the x and y legs meet. With that as the zero point, it does not matter what diameter the bit is.

Or a 3 axis zeroing block…

I have sent a request to join. And, I thank you again for extending the invitation.

I am enclosing my profile pic.

1 Like

LOL… I literally deleted the posted when your post was posted. Wonder Twin powers… ACTIVATE!!!

I did find the PDF. Thank you.

1 Like

I suppose that is why they allow you Jedi Masters to set council in the temple…

…Shielding from reposts. :wink:

1 Like

This is great @PhilJohnson. Just what I and other newbies need. Thanks for doing this. You have my eternal gratitude.

1 Like

Nice :grinning:. Picked up some t-slot tracks earlier today. This is next on my to-do list, minus that fancy alu base plate though :weary:

1 Like

What did you use for the “L Brackets”?

I’m standing in Lowes like a moron because I didn’t search for the info in advance? LMAO

Can’t find at lowes or home depot. Did you happen to order from somewhere?