Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

make a cone in solid works then a few flattened out sketches of what a single layer of leaves would look like as a 2d circle. then use the wrap function from the bottom up.

Ah, ok, I thought you’d imported an STL into VCarve and modified to get more 3d out of the ends of the ribbon…

It is in the modelling tab.

I have used ito only a couple if times, but adjusting the height and a bit of smoothing here and there you can turn out something pretty decent.

It does the darkest parts the deepest and obviously progressively shallower depending on how light parts are.
I used these tools to make the tree I used in a sign I posted a while ago. Obviously you can get tree’s, but that one was the customers tree from his logo.

Ah, sorry. I wasn’t sure which features vcarve did/didn’t have and never thought when I posted

1 Like

Can you chop ‘A’ apart and use the tree part from it?

or this individual one

Shop CarveWright 3D CNC Router Systems this is the machine i used to have. they have a forum with thousands of free patterns you might just be searching for awhile. most of it is all in a few posts.

1 Like

wow thats really smart

1 Like

I would model those as surfaces and not as a solid. When the cam calculates the surface of the .stl on z it will automatically fill in the dead areas. Save a lot of work.

1 Like

Can’t imagine the time spent just finishing the signs. Really cool stuff.

1 Like

Beautiful work for sure, he gets paid for it too looking at his pricing chart.

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Simple and clean, very nice.
Your trees look familiar somehow?

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

That’s one thing that sort of chaps my rear about Easel. You market a 1m x 1m machine, but limit the build envelope of the software to approximately 600mm square. Why not the 750mm square that is shown on the tech specs? I know this wouldn’t really help you as the 36" is outside of that envelope regardless, but c’mon.

Hmm, not terribly obvious I guess. Where would I goo about making that change?

Holy crap, never mind.

1 Like

Totally blew past it.

1 Like

Nice. Solid works will always be my favorite.

1 Like

wow those are amazeballs! Wish I had that sort of talent/patience!

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like