Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

Time to find a cheap keyhole bit!

1 Like

I know aspire has a keyhole maker in the little add on section does v-carve have that is where the Celtic knot creator is … that’s what I’ve been using .

Edit : there called gadgets

Here’s the link

http://www.vectric.com/support/gadgets.html

Lowes or home depot

Peter Pasuello has gcode and an article that talks about Keyholes

check out Notepad++ it has nifty features.

1 Like

Maybe this could be of use:

http://www.nc-corrector.inf.ua/index_EN.htm

There is a function to automatically remove line numbers. Or, add if you wish plus several other neat features.

Successfully exported gcode from Easel, manipulated the file and imported. I did not run a test carve but it imports just fine.

1 Like

A big shout out to you Phil. Thank you for posting this key hole g code. I have never done anything like this at all using g code. You made it so easy. I just made a copy of the file. Zoomed in to determine the direction of the hole and followed Easel instructions to carve. Not ever having done this I did a test carve with a small piece of foam. It worked perfectly!!

1 Like

A photo of the foam

2 Likes

Nice carve what did you use to finish it? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol. I’m going to hang it on the wall just as it is

1 Like

There you go, my latest project hanging in my shop using phil’s G code key hole program. Thanks Phil. I could never have got this to hang on the wall without your program

8 Likes

I am going to start using the key hole program on many of my projects go forward

2 Likes

A work of art!

What art gallery is this located At?! I’d love to take a look at it! The edges are so fluid and just speak to me.

1 Like

The surface detail is incredible! Must of used a 1/64" dbl straight flute bit!

Really nice! Solidworks then Meshmixer?

Freaky!

2 Likes

Uhh, Phil. This is supposed to be a family-friendly forum. :laughing:

Damn this is really nice! I wish I had half the amount of patience as you do so I could Learn this stuff!

1 Like

@PhilJohnson there is no such thing as a cedar board with only one knot… you got the fake stuff “ceder”.

1 Like