Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

sorry your correct. I typed pro but I meant the highest version.
Yes I know its not convenient to combine files either.
I have not figured out how to create native vcarve files either.

1 Like

I guess you only have to make the files onceā€¦then save as a template under your clipart tab in Vcarve. It would be a matter of then calling up the template for the style you wanted and then ā€œhand writingā€ the text you want from the letters in that file. You would save the CRV file to the same folder you put for example the design and make templates. IT would be a pain to set up each style of letter the first timeā€¦but after that it would be just pulling the template and making copies of all the letters you wanted to use and of course sizing to the scale you neededā€¦but doableā€¦

No, you would still have to do it outside and bring in (I think, I havenā€™t created any 3d templatesā€¦only 2d) but you would only have to do that once and then once you bring it into Vcarve you would save the project as a template (.CRV file). You can then place that out in the same location as the other templatesā€¦then when you want to use again you would just open the clipart tab and locate your template file and it would show a clip like normal and you can drag that into your current project. The 3d projects I have done, when I saved the project have always been .crv so I assume the 3d data remains. The files I have done this way it moves everything into the new project when I drag it overā€¦but it always workedā€¦

1 Like

Well, when playing around with the 3d objects I have seen where you can only import oneā€¦but it has always allowed me to insert into a current object multiple times (or rather import 3d components into other 3d components). Again, I was just playing around to see what I could do after watching/reading various topics. That said, that is importingā€¦when I was playing with shapes from the clipart I could drag and drop several into the current project. I have Vcarve proā€¦but didnā€™t think it was limited to that. If you watch the videos they put out on creating 3d objectsā€¦like the teddy bearā€¦they put several pieces from the clipart 3d tab into a project to build the bear (multiple circle mounds, etc). So it seems logical as long as it is coming through that tab and being inserted into the project as opposed to opening a new file and brining that inā€¦that it should work. Worth playing with anyway.

Indeed it does.
thanks for sharing. :smiley:

1 Like

Philā€¦are you just playing around with the design and make files or are you getting some awesome sign orders? Either way very sweet!

1 Like

Nice. wish I had the time like you do to work on this stuff. :smiley:
I have to sit at work and write code for 8 hours then come home for about 4 or less for my garage workshop.

1 Like

Where did I find all of those borders?

Ohh I saw where it said" copied" I thought u might have found the models somewhere and used solid works to convert them.

Nice! Great job on the modeling, wish I had enough free time to learn how to use cad I have rhino and fusion but have only had time to install them lol

1 Like

Philā€¦in learning more about Vcarveā€¦have you seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymeDIsg_P0s by cncnutz? It is a simple letter openerā€¦but introduces a simple method of cutting that seems like it could be used on the RBG handle or your future 1911 handles. Wonder if that would be faster than the 3d profile? Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you could come up with to utilize it!

1 Like

To be more specificā€¦I mean the cut used for the blade. He offers free download of the crv filesā€¦and it seems like such a simple concept!

1 Like

Sweet looking. :slight_smile:
Oh check out the tool I found.

hehe your having too much funā€¦
:smiley:

2 Likes

He absolutely is, he is very creative minded. Here is what I can do with your SculpGL. :laughing:

1 Like

Cuckoo clock !!

1 Like

Its usually refereed to ā€œGrand Father Clockā€

but its so small it should be a cuckoo clock!

well you did not have a ruler next to it. It looks like a Grandfather clock type.

1 Like

Slice the file into pieces and make a full size one !!

1 Like